Friday, August 12, 2011

Grilled Sea Bass


My parents recently went fishing to Alaska. They brought home over 150 lbs. of fish, and I was lucky enough to be able to bring some home with me. Boy, I planned that trip well!

So, now I'm trying to find different ways to serve fish. This one is a definite keeper. The whole family loved it!

This recipe was intended for a grill, however I didn't want to lose my fish between the grates of our grill so I opted for The George Foreman. I placed the fish on the bottom side of the grill and didn't pull down the lid - basically using it as a grill pan....hmmm....grill pan....maybe I should invest in one of those.


Ingredients:

2 pounds sea bass
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. paprika
2 Tb. butter
2 large cloves garlic, chopped
1 Tb. chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
lemon pepper
kosher salt


Preheat your grill. Chop the garlic and parsley. In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter with the garlic and parsley. Saute for a moment and then remove from the heat.




In a small bowl, stir together the garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika.



Sprinkle seasonings over both sides of the fish. Then add lemon pepper and salt to your liking - we like a lot of lemon pepper around here, so I was generous.

Place fish on lightly oiled grill. Grill fish for 5 to 7 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish.



Turn the fish and drizzle with butter. Continue cooking for 5 to 7 minutes, or until easily flaked with a fork. Remove when done, and serve imediately.





This was great with the bass, but I'm sure it would also be great on any white fish. I'm really glad I used The Foreman, as my fish was really flaky and would have fallen into my grill had I cooked it outside.

This was absolutely wonderful! You'll love it!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...