Thursday, August 25, 2011

Nutella & Banana Sandwich

School Lunch Week

Day 4
Nutella & Banana Sandwich


There are two different ways that you can make this sandwich - one with toasted bread, one without. I will give you both ways today - preparation may be different, but ingredients are the same.

Ingredients:

2 slices whole wheat bread
1 1/2 to 2 Tb. Nutella Spread
1/3 of a banana
Sliced lemon

Toasted Recipe:

Toast both slices of bread. In a small bowl, smash your banana with a fork. Add a little lemon juice to keep the banana from going brown.

Spread Nutella on one slice of bread and smashed banana on the other.



Slap the two sides together, and you've got a sandwich! Eat immediately and this is amazing! The crunchy toast is a perfect combination to the creamy fillings.



However.....


If you are making this for your child's school lunch, crumbly toast may not be the best way to go. So, here is option number two...the non-toasted recipe:


Spread Nutella on one piece of bread. Slice banana into round slices. Gently rub the banana slices on a cut lemon to keep them from turning brown. Place slices on piece of bread.

Fold the two sides together, and there you have it! The texture of the sliced bananas goes well with the non-toasted bread.


I personally have to say that the toasted version is a bit better. However, knowing my kids and their inability to eat anything without getting it all over themselves, I decided to go with the slightly less messy version and send them to school with non-toasted sandwiches.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

Camille!

You are awesome! You have definitely inspired me to make better lunches for my kids. For me it's either PB&J or turkey and cheese sandwiches. haha. I love the roll-up idea, I'm definitely going to have to use that one. =) You are great, thanks for the ideas!

Keeping up with the Joneses? said...

I want to be you when I grow up. Seriously. You're amazing. (Where were you when I was packing lunches? Oh ya, probably in grade school somewhere in Utah.)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...