Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Key Lime Pie

In honor of St. Patrick's Day, I am making a Key Lime Pie. I've tried a few recipes before, and this is by far my favorite.



Ingredients:

Crust:
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
3 Tbs. sugar
3 Tbs. melted butter


Filling:
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup key lime juice (I just use regular lime juice)
5 egg yolks

Topping:
Fresh Whipped Cream (1 cup whipping cream, 1 to 2 Tbs sugar - beat until fluffy)




In a medium sized bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter.



Press into a 9 inch pie pan. Set aside.




In another bowl, combine the filling ingredients: milk, lime juice, and egg yolks.




Mix well with a wire whisk. It will be a creamy yellow color. I wanted mine to be a little more green - you know, in honor of St. Paddy's Day. So, I added some green food coloring....



First, one drop...then another...then another....then two more. I probably should have stopped after two. Oh well....mine is a very GREEN key lime pie. Pour the filling over the crust.




Bake at 375 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.


Allow the pie to cool. Refrigerate 4 hours, or overnight. Top with whipped cream just before serving. I will add some more pictures after I put on the whipped cream. Yum...yum.






Printable Recipe:

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...