Monday, October 24, 2011

Dry Ice Root Beer


I've finally figured out my Halloween menu, so I thought I would try to post it throughout the week. I had to start with one of my all time favorites - Dry Ice Root Beer.

This stuff is great anytime, but I really like creepy smoke that crawls through the air when you throw in the dry ice.

My family has been making this stuff as long as I can remember - hopefully you'll like it as much as we do.

You can make this in a small batch for your family, or a large batch for a huge crowd. I will give you both measurements.


Small Batch Ingredients:
2-2/3 cups sugar
1 ounce root beer extract
6-1/2 quarts water
2 pounds dry ice



Large Batch Ingredients:
4 pounds sugar
1 bottle root beer extract
5 gallons water
5 pounds dry ice


Mix the first four ingredients (make sure your container is large enough to handle the "boiling" that occurs when you put in the dry ice).

Then add the dry ice and let it sit for 30 minutes.

Serve.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...