Saturday, September 17, 2011

Black Bean & Mango Salsa


I've had this a few times at my friend Emily's home, but I never actually made it until I got some large mangos in my Bountiful Basket.

You can eat this on fish, on chicken, with tortilla chip, or straight out of the bowl with a fork - like I do!



Ingredients:

2 ripe mangos - peeled, pitted, and diced
1 15 oz. can of black beans - drained and rinsed
1/2 cup chopped red onions
1 small green pepper - seeded and chopped
1 small red pepper - seeded and chopped
1/2 cup Italian dressing - any kind
salt and pepper to taste


In a blender or magic bullet, blend 1/4 cup of mango with the Italian dressing until smooth.

In a bowl, combine the rest of the mayo with the beans, onions, and peppers. Add the mango puree and stir.

Season to taste. Chill until ready to serve.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...