Thursday, November 3, 2011

Deviled Eye Balls


So...I realize that Halloween was a few days ago, but with my last minute trip out of town just before Halloween, I've been thrown off by a few days. I realize this is late, but maybe someone will want it for next year - and since I have pictures, I figured I would post it.

Ingredients:

Eggs
Mayo - the good kind (Best Foods/Hellmanns)
Salt
Pepper
Garnishes - pickles & ketchup or pimento filled olives


Boil your eggs. Once they are done (hard boiled), allow them to cool down - refrigerate if necessary.

Peel eggs and cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out yolk and place in a bowl. Continue with all the eggs, placing the egg whites cut side up on a platter or plate.

Use a fork to smash all of the yolks and then add enough mayonnaise to make it creamy. Add salt and pepper to taste. I can't really give you exact amounts, because it all just depends on how many eggs you're doing, and how you like your deviled eggs.

Once the yolk mixture is nice and creamy, spoon it back into the holes on the yolks. You can use a pastry bag and pipe it in if you want - or just throw it in a small plastic sandwich bag with a hole cut in the corner (homemade pastry bag).

Once the eggs are filled, you want to decorate them to look like eye balls. You can do this with olives that have a pimento in the center. Just cut the olive in half and place it on the egg. However, I didn't have olives, so I sliced up some baby dill pickles and set them on the egg. Then I placed a small dot of ketchup for the center of the eye.

Be sure to refrigerate until you serve - you want these nice and cold.


These Deviled Eye Balls were super easy and very fun to make - plus, my kids ate them all!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...